The mission of Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET) is to:
- act as a nodal resource centre for school education media software acquired through national, regional and international sources for reference and research.
- achieve excellence in design, research and production of educational software for children and teachers, including parents.
- contribute to teacher education through the convergence of appropriate technologies.
- build capacities of teachers/educators for quality improvement roles in school education.
- constructively inform educational policy makers and to critically appraise educational technology (ICT related) policy in India.