Department of Information and Communication Technologies (DICTs) & Training Division
Welcome to the Department of Information and Communication Technologies, CIET. Constituent broadly works for:
The division looks after the training activities of CIET. The broad activities taken up by CIET under the umbrella of training function includes:
• Training programme for capacity building in various aspects of educational technology ICT for teachers and teacher educators of the country.
• The training/ orientation with special focus on designing of media scripts, production of TV, Radio and Multimedia programme, editing, communication and media research, designing ICT in education and learning and use of computer Graphics, puppets, Moppets, Low Cost Teaching Learning Materials etc.
• Training on technical operations including setting up of studios, installation and operation of studio equipments, repair and maintenance of equipments etc.
• CIET undertake such training programme for the stake holders from various schools, SIETs, DIETs, SCERTs/SIEs, CTEs, IASEs, NCERT faculty, DMS, RIE teachers etc.
• Attachment training programme for students of various Universities and national Institutes as part of their internship project.
• Organizing training programme through face-to-face and distance mode (using satellite network and web technology).
• Concerned in conducting assessment of training needs, development of training materials and follow up studies.
Dr. Indu Kumar
Professor & Head
Dr. Amit Ranjan, Assistant Professor
Dr. Rejaul Karim Barbhuiya, Assistant Professor
Dr. Angel Rathnabai S., Assistant Professor